- 1 000+auto tests for application
- 3parallel threads for automated tests
- 50%bugs reported with status “critical”
- 2000hours of work
- 80%of application covered by automated tests
Software-defined Cloud NAS for AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware vSphere and CenturyLink Cloud supporting NFS, CIFS/SMB, iSCSI and AFP.
DeviQA is a great QA automation developers team. It was a pleasure to work with them. They did a great job. We would work with them again in the future.
A team of three from DeviQA were involved in automated and manual testing of SoftNas products. Just some of the activities on this project involved:
— Performed functional, API and Automated testing.
— Created 1,000+ auto-tests for application.
— Implemented methods that use VMware and Azure CLI tools into tests.
— Made test cases review and code review.
— Integrated automated tests with complex structure of input variables in Jenkins CI.
— Maintained multiple parallel test flows on Jenkins CI.
— Worked with CIFS, NFS, ISCSI protocols on Linux and Windows OS.
SoftNAS benefited in the following ways:
1. Ability to get test results faster.
2. Stable automated tests which clearly answer the question “Are we able to deploy?”
3. Increased test suite coverage by more than 200 automated tests.
4. Significantly improved quality of the products.
Services provided to the project
Automated functional testing — Worked in a big team of Automation QA engineers and participated in code review/merge process. Developed and maintained functional tests using “Robot” framework on Python.
API testing — Added API tests and implemented methods that use API calls to speed up functional tests.
Manual QA — Performed manual functional and nonfunctional testing using Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and VMWare platforms, updating test documentation (test suits, checklists). All testing results are tracked and registered in Assembla BTS.